Beta City YEG crowdmapped over 900 pieces of public art around the YEG region in 2014/2015. To compile the inventory, the group utilized:
- Twitter (using #openartyeg and scraping the data using crowdmapping platform Ushuhidi)
- City of Edmonton-owned public art data
- University of Alberta Art Walk Data
- Province of Alberta Data
- The Works privately-owned public art data
- and old-fashioned email: email@example.com
This project was one of the 10 most viewed on the Make Something Edmonton website in 2014.